As the economy reopens and buyers head back to the housing market to resume the property search, all parties will find themselves settling into a new normal in order to observe safety protocols while buying and selling Park City real estate.
Here’s what to expect as a homebuyer in Park City.
- Online communication – As national and local officials try to curb the spread of COVID-19, real estate professionals will rely increasingly on digital communication to reach and assist their clients. You will most likely be talking to your agent via FaceTime, Zoom, and similar platforms. Video calls and conferences allow for face-to-face communication while helping agents and clients maintain social distance. Unlike voice calls, video lets people pick up on non-verbal cues like facial expressions and hand gestures.Moreover, being able to see the person you’re talking to, whether it’s an agent or seller, also helps build trustworthiness and a sense of connection.
- Virtual tours – Real estate companies and websites have begun investing heavily in technology to create better quality tours of the properties listed on their platform.
According to Globe News Wire, Realtor launched a new feature allowing agents to integrate 3D tours and videos from multiple services in April of this year. Since then, the real estate site has reported a 14% increase in traffic, while agents who advertise on the site say they’ve gotten 25% more inquiries.
These tours give buyers a better idea of how the property looks without having to attend open houses and risking their safety. They help create an immersive experience for buyers who want to explore their options in the market without leaving the safety of their homes.
- Virtual staging – This online feature isn’t new by any means, it has definitely garnered more interest from both buyers and sellers during quarantine. Virtual staging incorporates graphic design, 3D modeling, and other techniques to help buyers and sellers imagine how a property might look with various furniture, color schemes, renovations, and lighting options.
- Live streaming – If you want a more engaging way of viewing the property while staying at home, you can attend live streamed open houses in which an agent shows online viewers around the property using popular services like Facebook Live and Instagram Live. This option allows for more interaction. Ask the agent a question while they’re live and they’ll be happy to give answers or show you what’s behind the door.
- Increased real estate photos and videos – Agents already knew the value of including multiple high quality photos in a listing even before the pandemic. This practice will continue today, and buyers can look forward to seeing more photos and videos attached to listings. Adding more images is one of the simplest things agents can do to drum up interest in a property during a pandemic.
Still looking for the perfect home in Utah? Team Schlopy Real Estate would be happy to assist you. You can message our agents here. You can also get in touch with the team at 385.999.1640. We specialize in buying and selling real estate Park City and the surrounding communities. We can’t wait to work with you.