Park City, Heber Valley, and the surrounding areas are such great places to live and work, which is why Kristy and her husband, Phil, chose to call Midway home. With roots in Southern California, Kristy visited her family (Uncle Kent & Aunt Marny) in Utah often and decided it was time to make new memories here. She has always loved creating a home rich in beauty and warmth, giving her the ability to help others see the potential in their future property. She believes everyone should own a home, not a house. Kristy has also lived in New York, Paris, and Vail and thrives on meeting new people and making connections between old and new friends.
1. What does the Park City Lifestyle mean? The Park City Lifestyle is “Energizing”. Waking up every day to the ever-changing surrounding beauty brings a sense of hope and invigoration to seize each day for what it offers. I love the changing seasons and the recreational activities available to all the Park City residents. My husband and I have big families and the close proximity to Salt Lake lends itself to convenient visits. There is so much to do, so many restaurants to frequent and so much natural beauty to take in, I know there is a new adventure around every corner!
2. Favorite neighborhood in Park City and why? Silver Springs is my favorite neighborhood in Park City because that is where Kent and Marny (my Uncle and Aunt) lived for many years. I have many fond memories of those visits before deciding to move here. The winding roads, mature vegetation and Swaner Preserve help make Silver Springs a magical place to be. When my husband and I moved to the area, we bought a home in Midway. When I open my blinds each morning and capture the views of the mountains, I sigh with gratitude and satisfaction. I have to remind myself that I am in Utah, not Switzerland.
3. Favorite winter & summer activity in Park City and why? My favorite winter activity is skiing while my favorite summer activity is biking. Now that I am a full-time resident, I plan to take advantage of all the other activities available each season. I would like to do more Cross Country Skiing and spend some time on the reservoirs kayaking and paddleboarding. The opportunities are limitless, really.
4. Favorite dining spot and why? In Park City, my favorite dining spot is the hut on Deer Valley that serves Lobster Rolls. The most delicious role I have ever tasted including those in Boston, MA!! Throw in the spectacular views and the superb skiing….doesn’t get better than that. The Midway Mercantile is my favorite Midway restaurant. Love the outdoor patio, the farm-to-table food, and the service. Great place to take out of town friends and family members. It gives them a great “Taste of Midway Village”.
5. Favorite season in Park City and why? I don’t think I have a favorite season in Park City. I value each season for what it brings. Winter’s are majestic, Spring’s portend anticipation, Summer’s allow long days filled with activities, and Fall’s cool weather and colors inspire awe. As residents, we are truly blessed.
6. Why choose Team Schlopy as your Realtors? With over 30 years of experience in Park City, The Schlopy’s truly are the #1 Team. Their clients don’t work with a single Realtor inundated with tasks outside of his/her scope of experience, instead, a bonafide TEAM of experts represents them. The Schlopy’s possess a long history of being sports enthusiasts and I think it was genius for them to develop a business model on the concept of a sport’s team: each player is carefully chosen for his/her strengths which are applied to the entire team which means success and satisfaction for each and every client.
7. The most important thing to know about selling a property in Park City? Anybody selling property in Park City should have support from an expert. Without representation, so many issues and mistakes are possible. Team Schlopy surrounds each client with a wide range of support. In a way, a seller becomes a new member of the Team Schlopy and all the other players protect and support their teammates during the event.
8. The most important thing to know about buying a property in Park City. A good number of buyers are from out of town and benefit greatly from the inside track, local knowledge Team Schlopy brings to the table. They take the time to get to know the client and his/her wants/needs and find properties that complement these criteria. Because of the quality time spent with each client, the client/realtor relationship oftentimes evolves into a lifelong friendship. This is very unique to Team Schlopy.
9. What is the best thing about being with Team Schlopy? Being a member of Team Schlopy has been an experience of a lifetime. The support, developmental tools, and commitment they have given me are unprecedented. My personality lends itself to being a Team Player and I can’t think of a better team in Park City than Team Schlopy. Truly, every day is filled with adventure, fun, and new friendships that carry me into the future.